I think it’s fair to say that the majority of people who get a tarot reading for the first time are nervous, especially about asking the right questions. You heard that you can accidentally summon demons with them or get sucked into another dimension. Or the first thing that pops into your mind is one word: scam.
What do you mean you’re going to see my future? Are you gonna use a crystal ball and steal my blood too? NO! Of course not! But it’s a common thought that tarot readings are scams.
For the legit diviners out there, like myself, tarot readings actually do provide some insight as to what will happen to you.
Let’s say you’re willing to give a reading a shot. You’re excited, super nervous even. You go meet me at Starbucks or Olive Garden. We introduce ourselves, you pick the deck you want for your reading, and now it’s time to ask your question…
You draw a blank! Oh my god, this is embarrassing. I don’t know what to ask!
Below is a list of questions you can use whenever you don’t want just a general reading. Or even after you’ve had a reading and you want more clarification about it. Totally up to you:
- What obstacles are blocking me from my goal?
- Is there any extra advice you can give me?
- What’s the energy like for me today?
- Is there anything I would benefit from knowing that I have not asked about?
- How will tomorrow be for me?
- Are any spiritual entities trying to contact me? Who? What are they trying to say?
- Is there anything I’m forgetting?
- What does my subconscious want to say to me that I’ve ignored?
- What do I need to focus on in life right now?
- What is my pet thinking about?
- How can I get a handle on my finances
- What should I draw/write about?
- Is anyone gossiping about me?
- How do others view me?
- How can I be more true to myself?
- What do my ancestral spirits think of me?
- How can I connect with my god/spirits/true self/nature?
- What did that dream I had last night mean?
- Do I have any surprises in store for me in my immediate future?
- How can I make sure we can go on vacation this year?
- What do I need to know about love/career/education/friendships/situations with another?
- How can I move forward in my career/love life/education?
- What can I do to evolve as a spirit/soul?
- How’s this next week going to go for me?
- What is the strongest foundation I have to build on when it comes to my career/love life/future/education/health?
- What am I not considering in this big decision of mine?
- What do I need to cut out of my life right now?
- What issues or things do I need to avoid right now?
- What are the pros/cons of this?
- How can I enjoy life more?
- What are my good traits? What traits do I need to work on? How?
- What are the good things in life that I’m ignoring?
- What are examples of times I’ve done a good job?
- What things should I be grateful for?
- What can I look to in order to find meaning in my life?
- What can I do to be kind to myself today?
- What lies am I telling to myself? Others?
- Why am I afraid of this thing? How do I conquer that fear?
- What should I learn from my past?
- What is the lesson before me in my life?
- What celestial/natural/biological cycles are affecting me right now?
- What resources do I have?
- What can I do to be happier?
- How can I make X easier on me?
- What do I need to let go?
- What habits do I need to change? How?
Voila! You’re prepared for your reading!